Create a beautiful festive tree skirt composed of panels that are richly embroidered. Each panel is completed in the Jumbo hoop of the Bernina 8 series machine. Panels, alternately dark green taffeta and pale green print cotton, are joined to form a circular array. Taffeta strips are pleated into a sumptuous ruffle to outline the scallops and ends of panels. Bias binding finishes the top. Panels are embroidered with Christmas motifs, using textured fabrics for applique motifs. Swarovski crystals add a final touch of BLING to snowflakes large and small!
Also included are cutwork files (EXP format) for use with Bernina machines that are cutwork-enabled.
Created for the Bernina 800 series hoops, the panels for this tree skirt can be completed in the JUMBO hoop. Files include designs for the panels as well as for the motifs. Color charts, directions for completing the tree skirt, and a template and information on creating the panels using a machine with smaller hoops are also included.
ALL files available in ART60 format. Additionally, 17 individual motifs for making your own panels or other items, are included in these formats --DST, EXP, HUS, PES, VIP, VP3, and XXX. Some formats include rotated files.
If you do not have software, you can obtain a free copy of TrueSizer software that will open the design for printing a template, allowing you to create panels and place designs as you like, creating your own version of the tree skirt.
Please check carefully before purchase; NO REFUNDS ON DIGITAL FILES. Faulty or damaged files will be replaced.
Suggested supplies for making the tree skirt
Minkee, for the snowmen and trim on Santa’s hat
• Sweatshirt fleece for the hats
• Assorted solid-color cottons for bulbs and Santa’s face
• Felt for the gingerbread men
• Furry-type fleece (very long fluffy fibers on a knit backing) for Santa’s beard
• Chevron cotton fabric for the candy canes
• Wool flannel for Santa’s hat
• Jacquard cotton for the snowflakes
• Metallic threads, Yenmet and Superior, for tops of lights, bows, and ornaments
• Variegated thread for the band on the snowman’s hat
• Poly and woolly nylon threads for serging, to coordinate with the fabrics
• Mylar film for the candy wrappers